Thursday, June 16, 2011

wag more, bark less

Eccl 7:9  
Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.


Driving around town the other day, I saw a bumper sticker that I had never seen before.  It made me laugh. The bumper sticker said “wag more, bark less”.  It made me think because it seems like there is so much anger in the world we live in.  Just this week, as I am writing this, we have had four different shootings, with four people killed and two injured.  Several of these incidents were reported as happening as a result of angry disputes. 

Photo Courtesy cproppe
There is so much anger in the world today, not to mention all the road rage that you can see everyday. Everyone is in such a hurry, so you had better get out of their way or else.  I feel sorry for those who work in a customer service environment and constantly have to take abuse from unruly and irrational people.  So I have to ask the question; Is it worth getting that upset?  Is it worth commiting violent acts against people? Is it worth cussing, losing your temper, and making a fool of yourself?  Wouldn’t it be better to just “wag more and bark less?”

No comments:

Post a Comment