Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"KOOL DAD"

Luke 11:9-13
“So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.  10  For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.  11  If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish?  12  Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?  13  If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”


I saw this fancy little black sports car driving down the highway the other day.  On the car tag it said “KOOL DAD” , which made me wonder what is a “KOOL DAD” and am I a KOOL DAD? 

What kind of dad am I?  I don’t know if I am a “KOOL DAD” or not, but I try to be a dad that provides for my family. That is why I get up and go to work everyday. Not only do I want to provide the necessities, but I also want to provide the extra desires that they want.  I may not have all the resources, but it is my desire to get them what they need and want.  I not only want to provide the necessities; food, clothing and shelter and the other things they might want. I also try to give them a spiritual environment in the home and at church. And most of all to just love them and spend time with them as a family.
This is also what our Heavenly Father does for us as well.  He provides for us everything we have need of.  He also gives us the desires of our heart, but most of all He desires to spend time with us as members of his family.  So I don’t know if I am a “KOOL DAD” or not, but I am positive that my Heavenly Father is a “KOOL DAD”!  He loves us and there is nothing we can do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment