Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I would rather be worshipping!

Psalm 34:1
I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

I saw a license plate holder the other day that said, “I would rather be worshipping”.  You have probably seen these types of sayings as well. Such as, “I would rather be fishing”, “I would rather be sailing”, I would rather fill in the blank”.

There are times in my day where that sentiment rings true.  I would love to drop everything and WORSHIP!  I love to worship.  I like listening to worship in my home.  I enjoy corporate worship at church, but I have learned to set aside time each day specifically to worship.  Many of us take time to pray, read the bible, or study, but how often do we take the time to just worship?  I have taken advantage of my driving time to and from work to worship.  It has made a big difference in how I start my day in what can be a stressful environment.  It has made the drive more pleasurable, and in Tulsa construction, that is saying a LOT! 

I encourage each of you to incorporate worship into your day.  Whether you listen to Praise and Worship CD's, encouraging Contemporary Christian music, or just sing songs from the heart in worship, take some time to worship.  Turn off the TV, radio, computer, or any other distractions that might be in the way.  Let go of the thoughts and circumstances that might be in the way and just worship!

Just remember that if you choose to make your drive time - Worship Time - keep your eyes open!
And just like that license plate holder said,  I too would rather be worshipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment