Wednesday, May 12, 2010

He still heals

Ex 15:26  And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.


I was thinking about this scripture this week.  My mother was having surgery and Wendy’s grandmother was in the same hospital and the hospital was busy that day as they are everyday.



I don’t know what your theology is concerning healing, but I believe God still heals today. I myself have experienced two different instantaneous healings in my back on two different occasions and no one laid hands on me either.  My own daughter has been scheduled for surgery.  We have seen her wheeled into the surgery room only to have the surgeon come back out on 20 to 30 minutes and say after examining her one more time on the operating table decided not to operate because he couldn’t find any thing wrong.



I know personally of one pastor diagnosed with cancer, but after changing his diet and prayer one year later was cancer free and had zero surgery, no chemo, or any other medical procedure to remove the cancer. And he is still cancer free.


There are many more testimonies and you probably have one of your own.  The question I always hear is why does God heal some and others don’t seem like they ever get healed and perhaps die.  The answer is I don’t know or pretend to know.  But I do know anytime I get well whether it is a cold or something bigger, I praise God for healing no matter if it’s a doctor and medicine and no matter how long it takes.  So if you need healing, I join my prayer with yours and believe God will grant you healing.

Want to do some further reading on healing?  Here is a previous post on healing titled God heals today.  We also have a helps page on healing on our website.
Photo Courtesy Andrey Zametalov



2 comments:

  1. Ronnie, I have a friend that was diagnosed with cancer about 4 years ago. The doctors here in WV told her that there was nothing that they could do for her. So she went to Texas for a second opinion. The doctors there diagnosed here with a very rare cancer and diagnosed a treatment plan. She asked if she could come home for treatment and have the doctors here administer the treatment. The hospital there told her that a hospital in WV would be lucky to see a case like hers once or twice a year and that if she came home they felt like it would be a death sentence. Even if she stayed they were not giving her much hope.

    Four years later she is cancer free and the doctors are baffled at the way her body responded to the treatment. She flies back every 6 months for a check up but by the grace of God she is healed.

    I cannot answer why some and not others, but what I do know is that it is in his power to do so. The Bible tells us "we have not because we ask not." You cannot receive what you do not lay at the God's feet in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You cannot receive what you do not lay at the God's feet in prayer."

    Good comment Larry! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete