Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A healthy diet

I have a lot of friends and family who have been focusing on eating healthy and watching their diets in this New Year,which got me to thinking about our spiritual diets.  We all know the verse in Matt.4:4.  Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'   And we all know that we need to feed our spirits the Word of God.  Smith Wigglesworth said, “We feed our bodies 3 meals a day and our spirits one cold snack a week.”, so we need to be people who feed on the Word of God daily.

There are a couple of other things I want to remind you of if we want a healthy diet for our spirits.  We have to watch what we look at.  I know that may not be popular in the day that we are living, b ut David said it this way. Psalm 101:3  I will set before my eyes no vile thing. The deeds of faithless men I hate; they will not cling to me. 

And we have to be careful of what we say.  Once again, David gives us good advice in Psalm 141:3.  Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips.

If we will do these things we are feeding our spirits a healthy diet.


Photo Courtesy Guilu

No comments:

Post a Comment