Friday, January 22, 2010

If you can believe, all things are possible.

Mark 9:23-24  Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”  24  Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”
 I recently heard someone say that we should repent of unbelief.  I don’t know if I really ever considered that before, but after thinking about it, I have to agree.  I think we can become like this father.  He obviously had been through a lot. He had heard of that Jesus healed and brings his boy to Jesus for healing.  The disciples couldn’t help him and finally Jesus arrives on the scene.  Jesus rebuked the disciples for their unbelief and then asks the boy’s father is he believes.  The boys father replies, “I believe but help my unbelief.”

I think often times, we are that way.  We believe, but really don’t believe.  In other words, we believe in our heads but not our hearts.  Sometimes we can go through things that can beat us down and even though we believe, we really don’t believe.  That is why I would have to agree. We need to repent of unbelief and truly believe God.

 Because, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” Mark 9:23



Photo Courtesy Ivan Charnetski

No comments:

Post a Comment