Monday, January 18, 2010

that I may know Him

Phil. 3:10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death;

I said in the last blog that Paul’s desire to know Christ is challenging to all of us.  I feel that in my life I have just barely scratched the surface in knowing Christ.

In this verse, we all probably want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection.  Everywhere you look people talk about the power of Christ, and yes He is all-powerful.  Nothing can withstand the power of Christ.  There is no problem in our lives that the power of Christ can’t fix.

But what about “the fellowship of His sufferings”?  I couldn’t tell you the last time I ever heard a sermon on suffering.  It certainly isn’t a crowd pleaser or a sermon you will use to build a church.  You are not going to hear about suffering on TV, but people in the bible who had more faith and revelation than most people talk about suffering.

Face it, if you want to know Christ according to Paul and the bible; you are going to come to know Christ through suffering as well.  So how bad do you want to know Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment