Friday, November 20, 2009

What are you asking for?

It is that time of year again.  If you have young children in your life, I am sure that they are asking for all kinds of things right now.  In fact, just last night my daughter wrote a list of things she is asking for to Santa.  The list is not nearly as long as it has been in the past, but it is a sincere request of things she would like to see under the tree on Christmas day.  The point that I am getting to is that she is not afraid to ask.

James 4:2   Yet you do not have because you do not ask.


I was reminded of this verse by the Holy Spirit when I was mediating on some things in my life.  We must present everything to God in prayer.  Even though God knows what we want, need or desire.  I believe God still wants us to ask Him for those things.  Now I realize we need to ask in accordance to His will.   And He wants to bless us and use us.   But the whole thing hinges on us asking.

What are you asking God for?


Photo Courtesy Ragu Subburaman

No comments:

Post a Comment