Sunday, August 2, 2009

Doors - 5/22/09

I recently finished the book “In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day” by Mark Batterson. It is a very good book; it talks about walking through the door when opportunity strikes.



To many times we back down to opportunities when they come our way, because they look like an impossible situation. But we serve a God of the impossible. Opportunities come in many different shapes and sizes. But if we will seize the moment and know that God is setting opportunities before us. We can do great things for God. And see the destiny for our lives be fulfilled, if we don’t back down to opportunities that seem impossible.



A question from the book: Do you want to regret not making a decision about an opportunity and wonder 20 years from now what would have been? Or do you want to look back 20 years from now and say I am glad I took the opportunity to step out and trust God.



While in Slovakia, we were ministering to the people and praying. When all of a sudden we received a prophetic word from God. Than we were going to experience “change” in our lives and ministry.



Now we do not know what all that entails or could possibly mean. But it surely does witness with my spirit and Wendy’s spirit. We have talked about God opening up more opportunities for us. And I had just written in my prayer journal before the mission’s trip, that I was asking God for more doors to be opened and more opportunities.



I am “jacked up” about what God has in store for us. And I know he has great things in store for and whoever reads this. We serve a God of the impossible, the God of opportunities, and the God who opens doors that no man can close.



Lets go through those doors!!!! In the power of God and for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment