Thursday, July 21, 2011

the change in me

So have you ever been asked these questions-
How do you know Jesus is real?
How do you know the bible is true?

 I'm sure we have all heard these questions asked and have heard the same old answer; I know that Jesus is real because he lives in my heart. Or, The bible is true because look at all the prophecies that have been fulfilled. I really don’t have any problem with these answers and I am by know means a theologian. But I would like to give you my answer on how I know that Jesus is real and the bible is true.

I was recently preaching at a church in Nowata, Oklahoma, and I was telling the church where and when I gave my life to Jesus. I can still remember it clearly. The day was January 8, 1984.  I was at Beams of Light Tabernacle in Tulsa, Oklahoma. That was the day I gave my life to Christ.  It was more than just saying the sinner’s prayer.  It was a life-changing event.  I truly was transferred from the kingdom of darkness to the Kingdom of Light. (Col 1:13)  I became a new creature in Christ.  (2Cor 5:17) and I have been serving the Lord since.

So I can look at my life and see that a change happened.  I didn’t turn over a new leaf or just change on my own.  Jesus changed my life.  He was the difference.  I began reading and applying the Word of God to my life and more changes came.   I can say from the moment I prayed that prayer, that there was a change in me.  A desire to follow Him and allow the old me to pass away.  It was more than just a prayer, but the prayer marked the beginning of change.

Can praying the sinner’s prayer be a real sign of salvation?  I have seen many people pray a prayer for salvation, but it seems that there was no real life change or zeal for the things of God.  Now I know that it probably works different for each person, but shouldn’t there at least be some evidence?  Real salvation means you are in a new kingdom, you are a new person.

How do I know that Jesus is real and the Bible is true?  I just have to look at my life and see the results and changes it has made in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment