Thursday, April 21, 2011

Effective Evangelism 2

1Cor 9:16
For when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, since I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!


Continuing on with the topic "How effective are some types of evangelism?".  Here are just a few types of evangelism  for us to think about.

Door To Door Evangelism-
 I remember as a young Christian our church doing this in the neighborhood. I remember being paired up with the associate pastor and after knocking on several doors we actually had one person interested in praying a salvation prayer with us.  I don’t think the person ever came to church and do not know if there was ever any follow up.   Effective?


Another time I went to a Sunday School/Church Growth conference.  The last night of the conference we canvased the neighborhood in that area.. The group I was with prayed with a teenage girl for salvation.  Again, I am unsure if there was any follow up by the local church.   Effective?

Outreach Functions-
Special church functions such as:
Bring a Friend Day
Neighborhood Parties (where a service and food is provided)
Special Services
 I have been involved in all of these as a church member or as a pastor.  All of these brought people in to the church.  Some had real difficult needs; other came out of curiosity or obligation.  I really can’t say for sure if anybody was “saved”.   Effective?


All of these have their place.  I also feel that each of these can be effective if done well.   I will have some other ideas in the next blog.  Until then, share your ideas, criticisms, likes, etc. in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment