Monday, July 26, 2010

Turn your "world" upside down

Acts 17:6 But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some brethren to the rulers of the city, crying out, “These who have turned the world upside down have come here too."


If you are like me, you are tired of all the political commercials and phone calls.  They all say they are going to change things and make a difference in the world we live in.  On the other hand I have been reading a book that has been challenging me about making a difference in the world.  It talks about how we need to get the message of the gospel out to the billions of people who haven’t heard the gospel message.  It talks also about how we need to do something about all the people who are suffering from hunger around us.

I must say it has been a thought provoking book.  But as I read it and hear all the political commercials, I ask myself how am I going to make a difference in the world?  It was then I felt like the Lord reminded me that my definition of “world” was wrong.  I was reminded that I could make a difference and affect the world that I live in.  I may not be able to affect the “world”, but I can influence and affect the world around me one person at a time.  Then maybe it can be said about you and me that we to turned the world upside down as well.

Image Courtesy Scott Rothstein

No comments:

Post a Comment