Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Is Jesus the Son of God?

We were at VBS with our daughter the other night and I picked up a magazine that was there at the church. The magazine had a Harris Interactive Poll from 2009 in it.  The poll was titled, “Who Believes Jesus Is The Son Of God”.   It read like this:

  • All American adults: 73%
  • Catholics: 90%
  • Protestants: 91%
  • Born-Again Christians: 97%
Now there are a lot of things that could be said about this, but what amazes me is that apparently 3% of Born-Again Christians don’t believe that Jesus is the Son of God.  Am I mistaken?  Isn’t believing that Jesus is the Son of God a requirement for being a Born-Again Christian?  Or am I just confused?

I do know this:   1Cor 15:1-5  Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,  by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.  For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,  and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,  and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.

Oh and by the way Jesus was and is the Son of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment