Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Vacation!

Mark 6:31  Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."

This is a quote from one of Perry Noble’s blogs.  “Every pastor/church leader needs a vacation, and going to a conference and/or attending a denominational meeting does not count!”
                                                                                      Lindsey at Morgan's Wonderland
I have to say I agree, because for years, in fact nine if you are counting, I never really took a vacation. Oh, we went away, but it was always ministry related like a conference or to go preach somewhere else.  But this year we decided to tacke a vacation.   Actually my wife decided for me that we were taking a vacation whether I liked it or not.  I must say it was a great idea and I had no idea what I was missing.  We spent the week in San Antonio, Texas and had a wonderful time.

At the time we left, we had a lot of things going on, having many decisions that needed to be made. But it was so refreshing and amazing that while we were gone, none of those things mattered; we just had time for each other and spent everyday-doing things together.  We built many memories and came back home refreshed and ready for our next vacation.

I am reminded of a saying I once heard. “Jesus told His disciples to come apart, before you come apart”
Lindsey at Sea World
Mark 6:31 KJV  And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat.

So I strongly urge you to take some time off and get away from everything. You won’t regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment