Monday, June 21, 2010

Friends

1Sam 23:16  And Saul's son Jonathan went to David at Horesh and helped him find strength in God.

As I was reading this, I was reminded of how thankful I am for the friends I have.  In this particular account Saul was pursuing David to try to kill him, but it was Jonathan, Saul’s own son who came out to help his friend David find strength in God.  The question is how did Jonathan help David find strength in God?   He just simply encouraged him and told David what he already knew.

1Sam. 23:17-18  "Don't be afraid," he said. "My father Saul will not lay a hand on you.  You will be king over Israel, and I will be second to you.  Even my father Saul knows this." 18  The two of them made a covenant before the LORD.  Then Jonathan went home, but David remained at Horesh.

This is what we are to do for our friends as well:
Pro.17:17 NLT A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.

We have all probably found ourselves on both sides of this situation.  We were either the friend that helped bring strength, or we were the one who needed strength and I am so thankful to all those who have helped bring strength to me when I needed it.  I am grateful I have had the opportunity to help bring strength to those who needed it.
I would also like to thank all those who have prayed for us, called us or who have come by to visit while we are preaching at New Freedom Fellowship.  They have asked us if we could stay for the month of July as well.  If you are not attending anywhere or would just like to stop in and visit, I would love to see you.  The address is 3819 S Lewis Ave in Tulsa.  Starts at 10:30am!

No comments:

Post a Comment