Thursday, March 4, 2010

In a hurry?

What did Jesus do?  This is just a thought about Jesus.  I don’t know what amazes you the most when you read the gospel accounts about Jesus. Maybe it is the healings, the teachings, maybe it is the miracle of the loaves and fishes or walking on water or perhaps raising Lazarus from the dead.  All of those are wonderful and certainly qualities of our Lord.  I think the thing that amazes me the most is no matter where Jesus was at or what He was doing, Jesus always had time for everyone.  It seems like He was never in a hurry.

We live is such a fast paced society, where stress is the norm and everyone is in a hurry.  We don’t have time for anyone or anything.  We are busy doing something,but Jesus was always followed around;  people pressing upon Him and always needing something, but Jesus was never in a hurry and always had time for everyone.  To me that is amazing.  How are we able to be Jesus to someone if we are always in a hurry?  Often we are so focused on where we are going and what we need to do, that we don't even notice the people around us.  People who may be hurting, who may need to see Jesus in us.  I just have to stop and look at myself and consider my purpose as I go through life, becasue we never know who God is placing in our path.  Someone who may need to see Jesus in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment