Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What's your choice?

John 14:6  Jesus answered,  "I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me."

I used this verse in my last blog.  It is a verse that causes much controversy because so many people want to go another way or take another route to get to the Father.  But Jesus is the only way.  I have never been one for political correctness and I really don’t think Jesus was a politically correct guy as well.  In fact in Matt.10:34 He said this:

Matt.10:34  "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth.  I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

A sword divides and so does the gospel of Jesus.  It forces you to make a decision.  In a world where we are supposed to be tolerant of everyone’s beliefs or religion, Jesus forces you to make a choice.  It is funny that you can mention other religions or religious persons, but as soon as you mention the name of Jesus everyone gets nervous.  Jesus doesn’t choose sides.  He came so you can make a choice.

Joshua 5:13-14  Now when Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in his hand.   Joshua went up to him and asked, "Are you for us or for our enemies?"  14  "Neither," he replied, "but as commander of the army of the LORD I have now come."  Then Joshua fell facedown to the ground in reverence, and asked him,  "What message does my Lord have for his servant?"

Photo Courtesy Serghei Starus

No comments:

Post a Comment