Friday, February 5, 2010

Now show me your glory

Ex 33:18 Then Moses said, "Now show me your glory.”

 Ex.33:21-23 Then the LORD said, "There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen."

 How close can you get to God?  In this chapter God had told Moses that He would send an angel to lead them to the Promised Land, but that wasn’t good enough for Moses.  Moses told God that if your presence doesn’t go with us then don’t send us.  That is important in everything we do.  We need God’s Presence in every area of our lives.

 But then Moses asks another question.  He wanted to see God’s glory.  What a request, how about you, do you want to see God’s glory?  God responded by saying “there is a place near me”.  In essence God says when you get to that place you will see My glory.  How close are you to God?  There is a place near Him that we can get to.  That is if you want to se His Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment