Friday, January 8, 2010

It has been COLD outside!

Rev.3:15-16  “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot.  I could wish you were cold or hot.  16  So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.  NJKV
I had my mind on the weather as I was preparing to write a blog.   I was thinking about how cold it is and is going to be.  I was looking out at the snow and thinking about how co-workers and friends are saying enough already.  Bring on spring.  Then as the TV meteorologists began talking of the frigid temperatures that were coming our way, I thought of these verses.

Jesus says He wants us cold or hot but not lukewarm.   I don’t know about you, but there are some things I like hot. I like my coffee hot, my food hot and when I take a shower I want it to be hot.  I like certain things cold as well.  I like my coke cold, my milk cold, and my ice cream cold.  But I really cannot think of anything I like lukewarm and apparently Jesus doesn’t care for lukewarm either.

Jesus wants us cold or hot.   I am sure you have heard many sermons on this, but let me give this slant on this verse.  Jesus wants us hot for Him.  In this start of the New Year and with all the resolutions we need to make sure are lives are on fire for Jesus and if our lives are hot after Jesus we will be like a cold refreshing drink to those around us.

Proverbs 25:25 As cold water to a weary soul, So is good news from a far country. NJKV


Photo © W.Spoon. All Rights Reserved.

1 comment: