Wednesday, January 6, 2010

take a deep breath....


We have just past through the Christmas season, which usually means a lot of stress for people.  Whether you are out in traffic or wondering how you are going to pay for all the Christmas presents for everyone and also pay the bills.  Stress and anxiety can build up and it seems like one little insignificant thing can set you off.  Sometimes we need to stop and take a deep breath and allow the Holy Spirit to be in control of our life.

I just finished reading the book “Forgotten God” by Francis Chan and was reminded of how much I need the presence of the Holy Spirit in my life and how much I need the fruit of the Holy Spirit developed in my life.
Gal. 5:22-23  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 2 3 gentleness, self-control.  Against such there is no law.  NKJV

So many times I think we focus on the gifts of the Holy Spirit. (1Cor.12:8-10)  and forget we need to develop the fruit of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

Come Holy Spirit we ask for Your presence to be fully aware in our lives.

Photo Courtesy V. Edmond Mihai

No comments:

Post a Comment