Tuesday, December 8, 2009

True Contentment

Phil. 4:11-13   I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  12  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  13  I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

You do not hear much about contentment these days.   But Paul knew what it was to be content know matter the situation he was facing.  We live in a society that is constantly trying to get more, better, faster.  And then they will be content.  But true contentment has nothing to do with any of those things.  You cannot buy true contentment.  True contentment endures in spite of our circumstances whether good or bad.

True contentment is knowing and trusting the Lord.  I heard someone say this week, “When you can’t see God’s hand and can’t see God’s plan,we still have to trust Him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment