Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Provider

Phil. 4:19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.


I have been reminded of this verse now for several months.  The media tells us that we are in a recession.  Each of us probably knows someone  who has lost their job and are struggling financially.  I want to remind you that our God is faithful and He our provider.   We have seen Him do it in our lives first hand.


We lost about 45% of our income this year.  (Don’t worry, I am not asking for money.)  We have witnessed the hand of God providing every step of the way, often from unexpected sources.  People have given us offerings, I have received 2 raises on my job this year instead of the normal 1 that we get and I received a  large bonus from my job as well.  God has allowed us to minister at several churches and just different situations and opportunities have come our way that has off set the loss of income.     God truly does provide.   We didn’t go into debt for Christmas!! and haven’t for several years.   This Christmas was probably the most stress free Christmas we have had in years.   Through all of this we have been able to give to missions and sow back into churches. God truly does provide and we are blessed of the Lord.



Psalm 1:1-3 Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;  2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.  3 He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.

Photo Courtesy Nathan Shahan

No comments:

Post a Comment