Monday, December 28, 2009

Listen to Him!

Matt.17:5  While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is My Son, whom I love; with Him I am well pleased. Listen to Him!"

This stuck out to me as I was reading this week.  God the Father announces to His disciples that this is His Son, that He loves Him and is well pleased with Him and then He says, "Listen to Him".  If God the Father said listen to His Son, Jesus, then we should listen to Jesus.

John 1:1-2  Declares that Jesus is the Word of God.  This means we need to listen to the Word as well and obey what the Word tells us.  God is still speaking today.  He is speaking through the Word and through His Spirit.

God help us to be people who have ears to hear and do what the Christ says to do.

Photo Courtesy Johnlric

No comments:

Post a Comment