Monday, October 19, 2009

You can't go forward looking back.

On Sunday we heard about having memorials.  We can have good memorial, that is remembering how God saved us, healed us, provided for us, or just His faithfulness in our lives.  We also heard about how we can have bad memorial.  How we can be constantly reminded about all of our past mistakes, bad decisions,  or all of our sins we have committed.
I was reminded of what Paul said.
Phi. 3:7-8 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ.

Lets thank God for what he has done and will continue to do.  But we can’t go forward looking backwards. Forget about your past failures.  Push on for Jesus.  You cannot rest on what you have done for Jesus and what He has done for you.  There is still more to do.  Lets push forward for Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment