Thursday, October 15, 2009

He's working it out

As most of you know, we have been through trying times recently. Every time we turn on the news we hear that things are looking bad, and that the economy and jobs are down. Everything is being looked at in a negative light and it seems as if doors are being closed all around us. Even though things look gloomy, I am continually reminded of Jeremiah 29:11:



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." New International Version (NIV)

I believe this verse has a very powerful message:  God knows us personally, has a plan for us, and allows us to find hope in Him.



I am also reminded of a song that I learned in the 80’s. The chorus goes like this:


When God closes the door He opens a window
He opens a window so I can see
He’s working it out
The very best for me

He is always working things out. And I was reminded in a sermon recently, that He is working on our behalf, even when we cannot see what is up ahead of us in our journey.  He wants nothing but the very best for us. He has plans to prosper us, not to harm us. He has plans for our future and we can put our hope in Him. I praise God that I can hold on to these promises.
Blog by Wendy Spoon





1 comment:

  1. "He is always working things out."

    yes that has been a truth in my life recently...

    ReplyDelete