Sunday, July 31, 2016

Godly Guidance For Our Nation

Jeremiah 2:13 (NIV)

13 “My people have committed two sins:
They have forsaken me,
    the spring of living water,
and have dug their own cisterns,
    broken cisterns that cannot hold water.

In these verses, we hear the prophet Jeremiah telling Israel that they have forsaken the Lord and have tried doing things on their own.

This reminds me, as Christians, that we have to rely and trust in the Lord. He doesn't forsake us and we cannot forsake him and try to do life on our own.  

As we face an election year with all the turmoil and attacks, both in the media and by terrorists, I have to wonder, as we view America and its leaders, have we forsaken God? Are we trying to establish laws and policies on our own, without any input from God? Is this the reason why we, as a nation, are divided or in fragments? What do we, as a nation, look forward to?  Could it be found in Jeremiah 2:19 (NIV)?  Are we going to reap what we have sowed as a nation?  

I am not a doomsday person, but as I read the scriptures, I am reminded of the trouble our nation is in and the trouble that could be avoided.  We, as Christians, need to have an attitude of repentance and pray for God's mercy on our country and pray for Godly guidance for our leaders.  

Jeremiah 2:19 (NIV)

19 Your wickedness will punish you;
    your backsliding will rebuke you.
Consider then and realize
    how evil and bitter it is for you
when you forsake the Lord your God
    and have no awe of me,”
declares the Lord, the Lord Almighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment