Monday, June 6, 2016

"The Three Heavens" by John Hagee; a book review

I just finished the book "The Three Heavens Angels, Demons and What Lies Ahead" by John Hagee.  I was expecting to hear how Pastor John Hagee would interpret the bible's view of heaven and his personal view of heaven, which he did in this book.  I was not expecting Pastor Hagee to describe some personal experiences of spiritual warfare he has encountered in his ministry.  It was refreshing and eye-opening as Pastor Hagee explained some of his personal encounters of spiritual battles.  It was refreshing in the sense that it reminded me of how serious spiritual warfare really is.  It was eye-opening in the idea that we must be careful of what we allow in our lives that can be an open door for demonic spirits to attack or influence us.  I have heard these things before, but these were great reminders for me, especially in the hour we are living in. 

"The Three Heavens" by John Hagee
This book not only reminded me of the spiritual battle we are all involved in, but it also encouraged me with the fact that our home is in heaven.  Our citizenship is in heaven.  (Phil 3:20) It is a reminder that Jesus is preparing a place for us. (John 14:1-3) And that one day we shall see Jesus face to face. (1 John 3:2-3)


“I shall rise from the dead…I shall see the Son of God, the Sun of Glory, and shine myself as that sun shines. I shall be united to the Ancient of Days, to God Himself, who had no morning, never began…No man ever saw God and lived. And yet, I shall not live till I see God; and when I have seen Him, I shall never die.”
                                                                                    JohnDonne

No comments:

Post a Comment