Monday, November 14, 2011

My heart is Yours

Matt 23:37-39 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing. 38 Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’


As I was reading my bible the other day, I read these verses. It made me think about how many churches and denominations that have rejected the move of the Holy Spirit. Why? Because it did not come the way we expected? Maybe the board disapproved, or leadership did not like what was happening? Maybe the congregation was against what God was doing?

The other question is, can we do that with our lives as well? Do we reject the work of the Holy Spirit, when we refuse to accept what Jesus wants to do in our lives?

I have heard for many years from certain people that they want an old fashion revival, not some of this “new stuff” that is going on today. (Whatever that means?) But as of yet, I have not seen any move of God in their churches. Others talk about the “latter rain” movement and how we need another outpouring, but my question is would we recognize it? I have heard it said that “If the Holy Spirit left the church, 90% of the churches would just keep on going on as usual.”

There is no question that we need a revival, an outpouring of the Holy Spirit. My prayer is let me not criticize what God is doing, but let me recognize the time of visitation and allow God to do with my life whatever He desires.


No comments:

Post a Comment