Monday, April 4, 2011

Closing Credits

Col 4:10-15
My fellow prisoner Aristarchus sends you his greetings, as does Mark, the cousin of Barnabas. (You have received instructions about him; if he comes to you, welcome him.)  11  Jesus, who is called Justus, also sends greetings. These are the only Jews among my co-workers for the kingdom of God, and they have proved a comfort to me.  12  Epaphras, who is one of you and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends greetings. He is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured.  13  I vouch for him that he is working hard for you and for those at Laodicea and Hierapolis.  14  Our dear friend Luke, the doctor, and Demas send greetings.  15  Give my greetings to the brothers and sisters at Laodicea, and to Nympha and the church in her house.

The other day I heard Chuck Swindoll mention the closing credits at the movies.  How many of us stick around to read the closing credits?  We know who all the main characters are played by, but the people who we didn’t see in the movie are the ones really responsible for making the movie come together.  It made me think who is really responsible for making me who I am. Who would be in the closing credits?

I am obviously thankful for good parents who raised me, taught me good morals and values, and to be responsible.  I am thankful for my wife, my best friend, who has been there through thick and thin (for better or worse, richer or poorer, and all that!) and has always stood with me.  I am thankful for the three different pastors I have had in my life.  Each one has contributed to my life and still does.  Even though I have several friends, I am especially thankful for two who have been true friends that I could lean on in hard times.

I am sure there are others I could mention, but those are just a few who would be in the closing credits for my life. What about you?  Who is listed in the closing credits of your life? 

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for God, who saw me about to be born and given up for adoption and brought Bob and Jean Davis along to adopt me. I am thankful for the Sunday School and Vacation Bible School teachers and helpers who loved me and told me about Jesus and taught me many lessons from the Bible that built an everlasting foundation in my life. I am thankful for my wife Micah, for many things but having a daughter by her, being a dad is the greatest thing I have ever experienced. And many other very special people I have come to know.

    ReplyDelete