Monday, March 21, 2011

Unquestioning Belief

Heb 11:1  Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

 This verse represents the Bible's definition of faith. Webster’s Dictionary tells is that  faith is “unquestioning belief.”

 A few weeks back, I was reading Hebrews 11 and the phrase “by faith” is used to describe what the people in the bible did.  It made me think, why do we do what we do?  It is obvious these men and women in the bible did what they did because of faith.  They had unquestioning faith in God.  They had convictions in that they believed in something and it motivated them to do whatever it was that God asked them to do.

All this made me think, why do I do what I do?  Whether it is my family, job, church, or ministry.  Is it because of my faith in God?  Or am I just going through the emotions of life?  Am I really putting faith to practice?  Or am I letting my feelings guide me?

 Heb.11: 6  “Without faith it is impossible to please God.”

I want to please God and trust that it is my faith in God that motivates me to do the things I do. 

Photo Coutesy Rigzen Tamchos

No comments:

Post a Comment