Friday, July 16, 2010

Pruning away

John 15:1-2 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.


I wrote a few months back about how I had planted some tomato plants and how our family of rabbits that live in our backyard decided to eat the plants down to nothing. I pulled up three of the plants but left one of them alone. Even though there was not much left of it, I went ahead and watered the plant and left it alone. It soon began to grow, and now is bigger than any of the remaining tomato plants I have. It has all kinds of blooms and tomatoes on it as well.

I was reminded that sometimes the Lord prunes things out of our lives so that new growth and more fruit can come forth. Even though the pruning is sometimes painful it is very beneficial. We have been through the pruning process, but we have seen an abundance of fruit come into our lives in ways we never dreamed of.

So if you are going through a pruning process, just know that God has something in store for you that is going to make you more fruitful and increase fruit into you life. And if you have been through the pruning process, you can look back and see where you have come from and give God praise.

And by the way, our rabbit family is now made up of several generations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment