Monday, May 24, 2010

Learning to listen

God has great things planned for you.  He has a very definite plan and purpose for your life.  Jer 29:11  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

God still speaks to today.  He spoke the universe into existence.  And He knows how to speak to mankind, and He is still speaking to mankind today. 

God speaks to our spirits, so we have to learn how to listen with our spiritual ears.  You see, it is not that God isn’t speaking, its probably we are not listening very well.  The only way to learn how to listen is by spending time with Him.  That is why it is critical to have a daily reading and prayer time. We should ask God to guide our lives and then begin to expect Him to do that.

God has a way of directing our lives; He wants us to be in His will and accomplishing His purpose.  He will bring divine appointments, connections and contacts into your life as we learn to listen to Him.



Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.




2 comments:

  1. Here is what I have learned about listening to God:
    1. Look for God. (Psa 27:4,8).
    2. Expect God to Answer and Wait for It, (Psa 27:7,14).
    3. Make the Connection Between my Circumstance and Faith. (Psa 27:11-13).
    4. Respond in Faith Immediately. (Psa 27:1-3).
    --Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title caught my attention. I think I'm learning to listen a lot.

    ReplyDelete