Friday, April 9, 2010

Love never fails

1 Cor. 13:1-3 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

You can be the greatest minister, the greatest person in your field of service, ect. Yet, if you do not have love you are nothing. Today love is misunderstood. It is not sexual lust, or a feeling. It is not something you fall in or out of. Love is an action, an unconditional commitment to someone. Remember love never fails.

1 Peter 4:8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”

If we have love in our hearts we can love others even though they have done us wrong.

We have no excuse for not allowing God’s love to work through us.
Rom.5:5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

When we have love working in our lives it helps us respond differently than we normally would. It helps us or teaches us how Jesus would react in situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment