Friday, March 26, 2010

I want to be like you

1Cor.4:16 I urge you, then, be imitators of me. (ESV)


I was reminded of this verse the other day.  I had gone to our office (the extra bedroom) and was doing some study and prayer.  That is when our daughter wanted us to take her to her bedroom so she could read her bible.  I really didn’t think much of it at the time, she likes to spend time in her room and she will read her bible as well.  It was later in the day that she told me she was doing that because she wanted to be like me.

I was reminded that we all need to have someone or people in our lives that we can look to and imitate their spiritual practices.  I thought of my Pastor and how much I have learned from watching and listening to him.  What an impact he has had on my life.  And then I think of others who have shaped my life when I imitated their practices.  I was reminded of how others have told me that we have made an impact in their lives as well.

This is really what is all about. We are not perfect people, but we are to try to progress through life by imitating other Christians that have had an impact on our lives.

1Cor.11:1 Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. (ESV)

And we are all to be imitators of Christ; He is our prime example of how to live our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment