Thursday, February 18, 2010

OMG!

If you have a cell phone, then the chances are good that you have texted, and if you have texted then you know that texting has a language all its own.  One of the most popular texts is OMG.  Which usually means Oh My God.

The definition of Oh is an exclamation of surprise, fear, pain, ect.

Ps.77:11  I will remember the works of the LORD;  Surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
Ps.77:14  You are the God who does wonders;  You have declared Your strength among the peoples.
Ps.139:14  I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;  Marvelous are Your works,  And that my soul knows very well.

My, in other words He is My God, and My God is the Healer, He is the Provider, He is My Banner, He is My Peace, He is My Shepherd, He is always there.

Ps.46:1  God is our refuge and strength,  A very present help in trouble.

And of course He is God.  He is the righteous judge and the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.

Ps.9:8   He shall judge the world in righteousness, And He shall administer judgment for the peoples in uprightness.
Rev.17:14  These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.”

So next time you text or receive a text, think about what OMG means to you.

Photo Courtesy Stephane Tougard

No comments:

Post a Comment