Sunday, August 2, 2009

What Matters - 6/17/09

Psalm 39:4-5 4 "Show me, O LORD, my life's end
and the number of my days;
let me know how fleeting is my life.

5 You have made my days a mere handbreadth;
the span of my years is as nothing before you.
Each man's life is but a breath.
Selah

David says our lives are just a breath. Our years are fleeting. That being the case we need to make the most of every opportunity we have to live for God. It is the things we do for the Kingdom of God that have eternal effects and that make a difference.

After we are gone no one will remember what job we worked at, or what car we drove or what house we lived in. None of that makes a difference. But what we do for God is eternal and makes a difference here and for eternity.

Lord help me to make a difference for the Kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment