Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tupperware Plate - 7/24/09

Ok, I want to ask a question, that I have been asking myself after hearing it. “How Serious Do You Take Your Christianity?”

Are we really serious about serving God? Or are we just giving Him lip service? Do we really want Him in all parts of our life? Or is He restricted to some parts.

We all have our favorite preachers. My personal favorite is Pastor Perry Noble; he is pastor at NewSpring Church in Anderson, South Carolina. I usually listen to him at least once a week. He is an awesome communicator, and he is where I heard this question. I would like to encourage you to go to www.newspring.cc and listen to his current series. I know most of you will not. But I thought I would say it anyway. You can always fast forward through the worship and get to the message. Even though the worship is very good and anointed.

Back to the question. How serious are you about your Christianity? Perry Noble uses an illustration like this. Everyone knows about the Tupperware plate that has dividers. You know where you separate your food. Some Christians want to separate certain parts of their lives from Jesus. But you can’t do that with Jesus. Because Jesus is the plate. Your whole life belongs to Him. He is after the whole person.

Col.3:1-4 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

How is your prayer life as well?

Psalm 66:18 If I had cherished sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened;

If you are still wondering or confused. Check out www.newspring.cc and watch the current series. Also you could read Joshua 7

No comments:

Post a Comment