Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thirsty - 5/9/09

This is the english word we here most often from the people that we meet. They say that they are thirsty for more of the Lord. On Friday we met with the prophetic cell. John ministered in that area, but then they had a lot of questions for me, about media. They are very interested in how to get the word out to others and they want to use the internet as a tool to reach people.
Later John and Ronnie ministered to youth. They said it went very well. The youth here are very open to the things of God. I am not sure what all happened in that meeting because my new friend Silvia wanted to take me to an American Movie in a Slovak theater. It was fun. They have assigned seating in the theater. That was strange to me. Silvia told me that the man sitting right in front of me is a very famous Slovak rock and roll singer. The celebrities here are not chased by cameras, like in the US.

Today we have a long day of ministry. We are driving out to Trebula. It is a farming village, 2 hours away from the church. We are meeting with cell groups while we are there. They are a part of Prielom (Breakthrough) church. They are not able to make all of the Sunday services because of the distance, but are in constant contact with the leadership of Prielom.
When we meet with these groups, they hang on to our every word. They are truly thirsty for God. They all want prayer and guidance. They have many questions.
After meeting some of the couples here, I see the need for the marraige seminar that we are doing next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment