Sunday, August 2, 2009

Best Laid Plans - 6/12/09

It has been said, “The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry”

It seems to be true with me, when I am planning out what we should minister at church.

I have all these topics that I feel like we need to minister on. They are good and needed topics. But then God always changes the direction on where we need to go. There is one thing I have learned over the years. And that is to be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

I might want to minister on certain things, but what does God want me to minister on. Where is He leading us as a church? That is what I have to find out and then minister what He wants.

We have to do that as individuals as well. Where is He leading us? We need to know and then follow Him.

It is not that we don’t make plans. But those plans may not be where God is leading us at that time. They may be for another time.

I just want to encourage you in your walk with God. Be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit. That doesn’t mean we don’t have a plan. But we are flexible in our spirits, and we always want His will to be done in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment